Expressing our love and gratitude for God through music is an important part of our worship service. At Good News Church we love to worship God and joyfully sing of the Good News about Jesus with a variety of musical styles - from the latest contemporary Christian praise music to wonderful traditional hymns.
At Good News Church, we love encouraging people to bring honor and glory to God by using their musical gifts. If you are a musician of any age, you will have many opportunities to use your gifts, should you decide to make Good News Church your home.
Whether you desire to serve in the Praise Ministry, sing in the choir, or share your musical gifts through special music, you will find a place to serve and grow at Good News Church.
WHO ARE WE?
- The Praise Ministry members come together to serve Jesus with their voices and musical skills. We feel passionately about worshiping God through song and music. We enjoy singing together with the brothers and sisters of Good News Church and leading them in praise each week at our Sunday Morning Worship. If you love Jesus and possess skills in music, we invite you to bring your gifts and to sing/play with us.
WHAT KIND OF MUSIC?
- We sing and play a variety of music. Though the Praise Ministry focuses on leading contemporary praise music, we also incorporate the singing of hymns and other traditional songs. Many of our members also participate in the Choir Ministry during the various holiday seasons.
- If you would like to listen to some of the songs we sing and lead, please, visit the "Music" link under the "Media" menu.
WHEN DO YOU MEET?
- The Praise Ministry forms 2 rotations that serve on alternating Sundays. Rotation 1 serves on the first and third Sunday of each month while Rotation 2 serves on the second and fourth Sunday of each month.
- Rotation 1 meets at 7:00 PM on the Thursdays prior to the first and third Sunday of each month to fellowship and practice. (Practices suspended until further notice.)
- Rotation 2 meets at 11:45 AM after the Sunday Morning Worship on the first and third Sundays to fellowship and practice. (Practices suspended until further notice.)
- Rotation 1 serves on the first and third Sunday of each month.
- Rotation 2 serves on the second and fourth Sunday of each month.
- Each Sunday those who are serving gather at church at 8:30 AM to warm-up and practice for the Sunday Morning Worship service.
HOW DO I LEARN MORE?
- If you are interested in learning more, we invite you to contact John O or to speak with any member of the Praise Ministry.
More information will be available soon!
We started building up the Youth Praise Ministry during 2019 and now, by God's grace, in 2020, the youth are leading the praise during Fun & Fellowship and are preparing to help lead the music during Sunday Worship. If you are in 7th - 12th grade and enjoy singing or playing an instrument, we invite you to join us in praising God.
We meet at 5:45 PM on Sunday before each Sunday Fun & Fellowship to practice. Please, refer to the "Events" calendar to see when Sunday Fun & Fellowship meets.
If you would like more info, please, contact Pastor John O.
Hang tight while we look up scheduled events...